Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas with Chipotle Sauce


You know I love Mexican food, especially if its spicy.  After having learned several dishes from my girlfriends, I figured it was time to venture out and try a variation on my own.  As usual, I had a craving.  I wanted Mexican.  I wanted spicy.  I wanted chipotle. 

I started by heating some chicken stock (handily leftover from pressure cooking the chicken) spiked with a bit of cumin.  I added about 1/2 can of processed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.  That's it.  That was my sauce. 

I made two layers of sauce then chicken then tortillas (real ones from Mexico, baked in the oven to get a bit crispy).  Topped with grated marble cheese and baked to heat through. 

This picture looks a lot like my other enchilada pictures, but it really is very different.  BTW, that's romano bean refried beans on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment